Stirm Wine Co. 2019 Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands, CA, USA
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Stirm Wine Co. 2019 'Sumida Sisters' Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands, CA, USA
- Winemaker: Ryan Stirm
Varieties: 100% Pinot Noir
- Farming: Organic practicing
- Terroir: Calcareous Sandy Loam
- Vinification: The grapes were picked by hand, sorted in the field. At the winery the grapes were destemmed into a redwood fermenter. Pumped over once daily, pressed after a 10 day fermentation.
- Aging: Elevage in old (10 years) barriques for 8 months. Racked to stainless a month before bottling. Unfined, unfiltered. Bottled July 18th, 2020. 145 cases produced.
- Tasting Notes: Perfumed and elegant, this Pinot Noir strikes and excellent balance of fruit and earth. Just ripe black cherries, dried cranberry, cardamom and hints of menthol are accented by bright acidity and just a hint of tannin.