Quivira 2020 Fig Tree Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County, California
From the very beginning, Quivira has been committed to maintaining the integrity of the estate to make farming a long-term proposition. Quivira was among the first vineyards to become certified biodynamic in the United States, earning the certification in 2005. Since 1998, Quivira has been actively engaged in restoring Wine Creek, the Coho salmon and Steelhead trout spawning stream that winds through the center of the estate. The iconic 140-year-old Fig Tree, has been preserved as a landmark.
All the elements of the world's best Sauvignon Blanc converge at Fig Tree Vineyard. The site is located at the confluence of two waterways, Wine Creek and Dry Creek. The wine's mineral freshness comes from the alluvial, rocky soils that have been scoured over millennia.
- Winemaker: Hugh Chappelle
- Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Farming: Biodynamic
- Terroir: rocky alluvial soil
- Vinification/Aging: Once harvested and sorted, 50% of the grapes are fermented in neutral French oak and acacia barrels, with the remaining 50% seeing stainless steel. Aging:
- The wine is then aged for seven months in lightly toasted French oak and acacia barrels, of which less than 10% are new.