Birdhorse Wines 2021 Valdiguié, Suisun Valley, CA - DECANTsf

Birdhorse Wines 2021 Valdiguié, Suisun Valley, CA

  • $38.00
    Unit price per 
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Only 15 left!

Birdhorse Wines 2021 Valdiguié, Suisun Valley, CA


Winemakers: Corinne Rich & Katie Rouse

Farming: Organic

Terroir: Back Road Vineyard, where our Valdiguié lives, sits at the north end of the Suisun Valley on Brentwood clay-loam soils, part of the large alluvial fan the valley rests on. Planted in the 1980s, these 40 year-old vines are farmed organically and produce bodacious bunches of juicy, red grapes.

Vinification: The majority of the grapes were fermented in a T-Bin with 30% whole-cluster, and the other 70% destemmed. One 1⁄2 ton of the grapes were destemmed directly into a giant, food-grade plastic bag where they were sealed off to undergo native, anaerobic fermentation until they were pressed at the same time as the open-top ferment. The wines then underwent native malolactic fermentation in neutral barrel and were aged 6 months until racked and bottled.

Tasting notes: On the palate, juicy berries and a hint of Chinese five spice combine with a structured palate and supple, chalky texture with just a touch of black licorice on the finish to keep your interest piqued.


We Also Recommend