Champagne Billlecart-Salmon 'Exceptions' Gift Set, Includes Three Bottles
Billlecart-Salmon Exceptions Gift Set, Includes Three 750ml Bottles
- Varieties: 40% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Noir, 30% Pinot Meunier
- Vinification: The Champagne Rosé style uses Chardonnay for added lightness and elegance with no skin contact during maceration. Pinot Noir is blended in as a red wine for the light, unique color and red fruit flavors, and it consists of 3 vintages with up to 40% reserve wines.
- Dosage: 7-8g/L.
- Tasting Notes: Blood Orange zest, tart strawberries and a whiff of minerality on the finish, this Champagne is perfect for literally any occasion or celebration.
- Varieties: Composed of the three Champenois grape varieties in equal proportions:
- 33% Premier and Grand Cru Chardonnay from the Côte des Blancs
- 33% Premier and Grand Cru Pinot Noir from the Montagne de Reims, Aÿ and Mareuil-Sur-Aÿ
- 33%Pinot Meunier from the right bank of the Vallée de la Marne
- Vinification: Launched in 2010, this unique cuvée is both 100% fermented and aged in a neutral oak barrel at a low temperature. Each variety ferments and ages separately in 15-year-old barriques.
- Aging: The wine is aged on its lees between six and seven years and undergoes partial malolactic fermentation.
- Dosage: 7g/L
- Tasting Notes: Rich with toffee flavors as well as dried stone fruits, candied citrus, and lemon zest.
- Varieties: 100% Chardonnay
- Terroir: This wines comes from 25 parcels in the chalky soils of the five Grand Cru vineyards of the Côte des Blancs: Avize, Chouilly, Cramant, Oger and Mesnil-sur-Oger.
- Vinification: Partial malolactic fermentation is completed depending on each wine's acidity levels followed by up to 5 years of aging. The cuvée is a blend of four vintages.
- Dosage: 5-6g/L
Tasting Notes: Clean and mineral-driven, this wine bursts with flavors of green apple skins, citrus blossom and wet chalk. A cuvée that will surprise you with its pure intensity of dry fruits aromas, almonds and fresh hazelnuts mixed with those of fruits of white flesh. The creamy sensation of the bubble associated to aromas of buttered brioche and mineral aromas. Persistent finish with a fresh and elegant sweetness.
Pairing: This great bottle will make a perfect marriage with caviar or fine oysters but also with grilled fish and seafood.
Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut MV Scores:
92pts James Suckling: Aromas of sliced apple and pear with hints of flowers and cream. Some peach too. Full-bodied, creamy and fine with mineral, chalk and sliced green apples that turn to delicate white peach. This has a base of 2011 with some 2010 and 2009. Drink now.
92pts Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: Based on the 2013 vintage, supplemented by some 30% of reserve wines, Billecart's latest NV Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru wafts from the glass with aromas of warm bread, citrus oil, crisp green apple, white flowers and crushed chalk. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and precise, with a pretty core of fruit, fine-boned structure and a nicely defined finish
Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose MV Scores:
94pts James Suckling: A gorgeous rosé Champagne with sliced strawberries, orange peel and hints of cream and pie crust. Medium body, tight and integrated tannins and a long and flavorful finish. Tangy acidity. The texture shows a fine bead and lightness. Long and intense. Drink now.
93pts Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: Pale yet intense pink in color, the Billecart-Salmon NV Brut Rosé is pure, fresh and intense on the nose, with lovely raspberry aromas, refreshing citrus zest flavors and great definition. On the palate this is a pure, light and vinous rosé with great finesse and a long, well-structured and even juicy finish. This iconic rosé blends 40% Chardonnay with 30% Pinot Meunier from the Vallée de la Marne and the southern slopes of Epernay and 30% Pinot Noir (with a small part added as red wine) from the Montagne de Reims and the Grande Vallée de la Marne. Fabulous.
Billecart-Salmon Sous Bois Brut Scores
94pts James Suckling: This sees some time in wood and that adds a very attractive, savory edge to the typically vibrant Billecart attitude. There’s such intense blood-orange, lemon and fresh, zesty citrus fruit on offer here that really sings. The palate is scintillatingly fresh and has an extra layer of velvet at the edge. Drink or hold.
92pts Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: Aromas of almond paste, green orchard fruit, citrus oil and pastry cream introduce the latest example of Billecart's NV Brut Sous Bois, a bottling that's based on the 2009 vintage. The oak influence is much less pronounced than was the case with some of the early renditions of this cuvée, and it's really going from strength to strength, revealing a medium to full-bodied palate that's broad-shoulder and structured, with lively underpinning acids.
We Also Recommend
Joseph Dorbon 2017 'Les Bernardines' Vieilles Vignes Rouge, Arbois, Jura, France