Bold Wine Co. 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, CA, USA
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Bold Wine Co. 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo Co., CA
Drawn from vineyards on the Monterey peninsula, BOLD Wine Co. is a second project from Seabold Cellars. Established in 2014 by MS Chris Miller and winemaker Peter Figge, Seabold was founded with the focus of cool-climate wines made as hands-off and traditionally as possible.
- Winemaker: Chris Miller, Peter Figge
- Varieties: 83% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Cabernet Franc (20+ year vine age)
- Farming: Sustainable, Organic
- Terroir: Deep sandy loam over graniteand shale, calcareous clay. Four Sisters Ranch is in the San Miguel District, the northernmost sub-AVA of Paso Robles, immediately over the Monterey County border. Sitting in the rainshadow of the Santa Lucia Range, warm afternoons in the summer and fall are moderated by breezes from the Salinas River. Adelaida Creek is in the Adelaida District, an area with a much cooler climate than the rest of the region. Drs. Serena Friedman and Michael “Farmer Mickey” Drucker built up Four Sisters Ranch from scratch with their bare hands, growing mostly Bordeaux and Rhône varieties. Adelaida Creek is a relatively cool-climate site in far western Paso Robles, growing Cabernet Franc on limestone clay marl soils
- Vinification: Hand-harvested at night. Upon entering the winery, the grapes are hand-sorted. After destemming, the grapes undergo a cold soak maceration for 5 days. Separate block fermentations with native yeast take place in small stainless steel open top fermentors, before being pressed into new (15%) and neutral barrique.
- Aging: After 20 months, the wine is racked and bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Tasting Notes: Roasted blackberries, boysenberry, black cherry, granite, raw cocoa nib, cedar, eucalytpus
We Also Recommend
Mas Que Vinos "Los Conejos Malditos" 2018 Tempranillo Carbonico, Tierra de Castilla, Spain
Regular price $1500 $15.00