Caraccioli 2014 Brut Rosé, Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey Co., CA - DECANTsf

Caraccioli 2014 Brut Rosé, Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey Co., CA

  • $60.00
    Unit price per 
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Only 3 left!

Caraccioli 2014 Brut Rosé, Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey Co., CA

A family run winery, Caraccioli Cellars takes pride in developing wines that deliver an expression true to vintage and site. Founded in 2006, Caraccioli Cellars’ commitment starts in the vineyard through our utilizing solely Santa Lucia Highlands’ grapes. Each secondary fermentation lasts nearly four years, with a additional year of aging on the cork for a proper marriage between the cuvee and dosage.

  • Winemaker: Michel Salgues
  • Farming: Sustainable
  • Variety: 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir
  • Terroir: Escolle Vineyard is 124 acres of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grounded in the northern Santa Lucia Highlands.
  • Vinification: The cuvée begins fermentation in 316 stainless steel tanks with 40% of the wines finishing the fermentation in neutral French Oak Barrels. The remaining 60% of the cuvée age in the same barrels, however the fermentation finished prior in stainless tanks. The total time on oak is approximately 2 months. Then, 1.5% of Pinot Noir is added from a barrel hand chosen by Michel.
  • Aging: The Brut Rosé was then bottled and left to age sur lies for four years. Riddled and disgorged in house, we aged for over nine months prior to release on cork. (Disgorged March 2019)
  • Tasting Note:Eye catching coral; minuscule, persistent bubble head with a full pronounced mousse. Ripe tangerine zest, Meyer lemon, and honeycomb with hints of toasted meringue. Notes of juicy strawberry, ripe peach pit and flowering hibiscus tea. Vibrant acidity on the front palate, soft and round throughout showcasing notes of freshly picked white peach, kiwi, strawberry, and sugared lime. Graceful, long fruit finish leaving subtle tastes of key lime and strawberry.

Scores:


We Also Recommend