Clos Fornelli 2020 'La Robe d'Ange' Rosé, Corsica, France
Sale Sold out
Regular price $30.00
Regular priceUnit price per
Clos Fornelli 2020 "La Robe d'Ange" Rosé, Corsica, France
- Winemaker: Josée Vanucci (owner) w/ eonologist Emmanuel (Manu) Gagnepain
- Farming: Certified organic
- Variety: Sciaccarellu
- Terroir: Eastern edge of Corsica overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea. Cool nights reserve freshness. Soils are clay and alluvial from Bravone River deposits and gradual erosion of the slate mountains. Average vine age of 25 years and the oldest pushing 35 years.
- Vinification: Direct pressing, parcels and varieties are vinified separately to preserve character of terroir and grape. Natural yeast fermentation takes place in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats between 17°C & 20°C. Fermentations are all natural and the wines are bottled after a short time in vat with a commitment to low sulfur additions.
- Aging: Brief aging in stainless steel and concrete tank
- Tasting Notes: Mineral-accented red berry, pit fruit and citrus fruit aromas, along with subtle floral and herb flourishes. Juicy and seamless on the palate.