COBB Wines 2016 'Jack Hill Vineyard', Sonoma Coast, California, USA
Shipping calculated at checkout.
COBB Wines 2014 'Jack Hill Vineyard', Sonoma Coast, California, USA
- Winemaker: Ross Cobb
- Variety: Pinot Noir
- Farming: Practicing Organic
- Terroir: Jack Hill Vineyard is a 2-acre hillside site near Occidental in western Sonoma County, north of San Francisco. The vineyard faces the cool Freestone Valley to the west and the Pacific Ocean beyond. Dijon selections of Pinot Noir grow on Goldridge sandy loam soil.
- Vinification: 40% Whole Cluster
- Aging: 22 months in barrel, 30% new French oak.
- ABV: 13.6% alcohol.
- Production: 197 cases produced.
- Tasting Notes: This vineyard always yields more red fruit and cherry-cola and spice notes, reminding me of the more overt Russian River Valley Pinot Noirs. But the rugged coastal pine and fir forests impact the bright fruit with lovely coniferous aromas and a richness typical of this west Sonoma Coast vineyard site.
- Scores: 95 points, Robert Parker: The pale ruby colored 2016 Pinot Noir Jack Hill Vineyard is scented of pomegranate liqueur, Bing cherry and cranberry with exotic spices, lilac, bergamot, wet leaves and earth. Light to medium-bodied, the silky texture segues into firm, grainy tannins, and juicy acidity provides support for the concentrated flavor layers and the long, layered finish. Outstanding.
Planted in 1998, Jack Hill is the steepest site Cobb Wines works with, and one of the coldest. Surrounded by dense oak and fir forests, it is planted to three clones of Pinot Noir on a west-facing slope. Year after year, it delivers one of Cobb Wines’ most giving and graceful Pinot Noirs, with lovely aromatics and abundant layers of bright berry fruit. In 2015, the combination of wonderfully mature vines and a very small crop resulted in a wildly expressive Jack Hill Pinot Noir.
2016 is the last vintage Jack Hill Vineyard will be made.
We Also Recommend
Mas Que Vinos "Los Conejos Malditos" 2018 Tempranillo Carbonico, Tierra de Castilla, Spain
Regular price $1500 $15.00
Las Jaras Wines 2019 Glou Glou Red, Mendocino Co, California, USA
Regular price $3400 $34.00