Domaine Christophe et Fils 2020 Les Preuses Grand Cru Chablis, Burgundy, France
Magnums make friends! Why bring one bottle when you can bring a giant double bottle?
Winemakers: Sebastien Christophe
- Varieties: Chardonnay
- Farming: Organically farmed
- Terroir: Kimmeridgean soil, a blend of limestone, clay and fossilized oyster shells. These soils of the Grand Cru slopes, along with a south-south-west exposure allowing for maximum sunshine.
- Vinification: Hand harvested. Grapes are pressed and settled for one day and racked into another tank before beginning the natural fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 1-2 months. A single batonnage may be employed in cold vintages and the first SO2 addition is made before fermentation and the second after the completion of malolactic and primary fermentation. A third addition may be made if needed prior to bottling.
- Aging: 7-8 months in stainless steel before bottling. If it’s a high acid vintage it will be aged for more time and less for those with lower acidity.
- Tasting Notes: While maintaining its grand cru strength, it’s full of life, and more lifted and subtle!