Emidio Pepe 2007 Trebbiano d'Abruzzo, Abruzzo, Italy
On par with some of the best white Burgundies, this is truly one of Italy's few classic and collectible white wines!
- Winemaker: Emidio, Daniela, Sofia and Chiara Pepe
- Farming: Biodynamic
- Variety: Trebbiano Abruzzese 100%
- Terroir: Sourced from 5 HA of Trebbiano vines planted in the early 1960s
- Vinification: Hand harvested, crushed by foot (whole cluster) to get more attractive aromas. Finished in a basket press. Temperatures are low during fermentation and go into glass-lined concrete. Trebbiano is racked after malolactic fermentation and aged on its fine lees.
- Tasting Notes: Aromas of freshly-picked fenugreek, yellow apple skins, crushed kumquats, and white flowers are balanced by a bit of parmesan rind--a nod to the wine's slow aging. The palate is salty and rich with a powerful lash of crunchy minerality and lasting acidity on the finish.