Filipa Pato 2020 'Dinamico' Baga Tinto, Bairrada, Portugal
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Fílipa never fails to deliver an unlikely quotient of animation and sheer character in this, her “basic” red wine. Her estate production is now supplemented with grapes bought from esteemed local growers who are happy to adopt Fílipa’s rigorous viticultural standards.
- Winemaker: Fílipa Pato
- Farming: Sustainable with organic practice
- Variety: Baga, 40 year old average vines
- Terroir: Maritime Climate on Atlantic Coast, Calcareous, Loam soils. Bairrada is a region rich in small holdings of old vines planted on limestone soils with excellent qualities.
- Vinification: Hand-harvested fruit with five weeks whole-cluster maceration, ten day natural fermentation in Stainless steel with wild yeast.
- Aging: six months on the lees in 100% stainless steel. Filtered, not fined.
- Tasting Note: This Baga is made with very soft extraction, very low sulfur and moderated alcohol. Respecting the purity of the variety with lighter tannins to appreciate this tannic grape variety at a younger age
We Also Recommend
Mas Que Vinos 2021 'Los Conejos Malditos' Rosado, Tierra de Castilla, Spain
Regular price $1800 $18.00