Guillaume Clusel 2019 'Galet', Coteaux du Lyonnais, France
Sale Sold out
Regular price $28.00
Regular priceUnit price per
- Winemaker: Guillame Clusel
- Farming: Organic
- Variety: Gamay
- Terroir: 10HA of vines managed by Guillaume in the southernmost part of the Coteaux du Lyonnais (just on the border with the Rhône). With an average age of 30 years, the vines are southeast facing and very densely planted. The sandy soils and large stones absorb heat and, along with the more Rhône-like climate, allow a good maturation of the Gamay grape (the only permitted red grape in this appellation).
- Vinification: Hand-harvested. The grapes are partially destemmed, and a long, slow fermentation is done using indigenous yeasts.
- Aging: The wine then spends 12 months in third use large oak casks.
- Tasting Note: Sanguine, floral and fresh all at the same time, this wine packs a punch at a great price. Dried orange peel, bergamot, gooseberry and earthy notes of charred cloves, this wine is delicious.