La Staffa 2019 ‘Mai Sentito’ Pet-Nat, Marche, Italy
2019 La Staffa Pet Nat ‘Mai Sentito’, Le Marche, Italy
Winemaker Ricardo Baldi has been called the ‘Golden Boy of Verdicchio’ by SlowFood.
- Farming: Organic, certified
- Winemaker: Ricardo Baldi
- Grape Varieties: 80% Verdicchio, 20% Trebbiano
- Soil / Terroir: Limestone + clay. The hillsides of the foothills in the Contrada of Castellaretta located in the municipality Staffolo in the Province of Ancona covering a total of 1ha at an elevation of 440 meters.
- Vinification: Controlled low temperature fermentation in steel tanks with indigenous yeasts. The wine is bottled with residual sugar remaining and fermentation continues in bottle until dryness is reached.
- Aging: 8 months in bottle
- Tasting Notes: The Verdicchio variety supplies the green apple and herbal notes you’d expect, along with lovely fresh acidity; the maceration of the yeast in the wine as the fermentation finishes adds texture and background notes.
We Also Recommend
Anthem 2016 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Mt. Veeder, Napa Valley, CA, USA