Maître de Chai 2019 Gala Mountain Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, CA
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Winemaker: Alex Pits & Marty Winters
- Farming: Sustainable with Organic practices
- Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Terroir: The Gala Mountain Vineyard sits above the Napa Valley on the slopes of Mt. George, just east of the city of Napa. This northwest facing vineyard was planted in 1992 on rocky volcanic bedrock with sandy topsoil and is cooled by the constant breezes from the San Pablo Bay. The vines are well drained, deep rooting & produce small clusters, which lend to the structure of the wine. This six acre vineyard was converted from organic to biodynamic farming in 2018 and is tended to by hand.
Vinification: The wine was destemmed & fermented with its native yeasts in small open top fermenters and aged for sixteen months in neutral barrels.
- Tasting Notes: red licorice, golden raspberries & sassafras greet you in the glass. This wine carries all of this onto the palate as well: ripe blackberry juice, licorice & sarsaparilla -- all of the classic traits of Vaca Mountain Cabernet.
- Twenty-six barrels produced.