Mary Taylor 2020 Colombard blend, Côtes du Gascogne, Southwest, France
IGP Côtes de Gascogne shares the same land surface as Armagnac, in the beautiful French Southwest. The Gessler family settled here, in the heart of Bas-Armagnac, in 1928. We are now on the 4th generation – a robust family business with 20 full time employees. This is one of the more thoughtfully farmed properties – registered HVE 3 and in organic conversion. They tend to indigenous varietals such as Colombard, Ugni Blanc, and Gros Manseng, from which this wine is made.
- Winemaker: Olivier Gessler for Mary Taylor Wines
- Farming: HVE3 Sustainable (certified), organic practices and conversion
- Variety: 50% Colombard, 20% Ugni Blanc, 20% Gros Manseng, 10% Sauvignon
- Terroir: 25 year old vines on Red Clay
- Vinification: Stainless Steel
- Tasting Note: Fresh cut flowers and lush, taqrt lemons. Bright and crisp with grapefruit and a mineral finish.
The New York Times LOVES Mary Taylor!