Massican 2021 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, California
Inspired by the Sauvignon wines of northern Italy, Dan Petroski's Sauvignon Blanc pays homage to the tart and delicious everyday wine workhorse of the region of Friuli. While it is difficult to recreate these specific Italian wines anywhere else in the world, Sauvignon is his California interpretation of these great Italian white wines.
- Winemaker: Dan Petroski
- Farming: Organic practicing
- Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Terroir: Farmed at two vineyards in Napa Valley where the temperatures are both the warmest during the day and the coolest at night.
- Vinification: slow, natural fermentation in neutral oak barrels
- Tasting Notes: Lemongrass, green apples and meyer lemons, Wet stone, pineapple and grapefruit.