Onward 2018 Malvasia Bianca (Skin-Contact), Capp Inn Ranch, Suisun Valley, CA
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Onward 2018 Malvasia Bianca, Capp Inn Ranch, Suisun Valley, CA
Onward Wines are single-vineyard, site-driven wines.
- Winemaker: Faith Armstrong
- Farming: Organic practicing
- Grape Varieties: Malvasia
- Terroir: Capp Inn Ranch sits at 180 ft elevation in the windy Suisun Valley. The soil is Brentwood Series which is clay loam, which drains well, yet retains moisture keeping it available to the vines. The daytime temperatures are moderate, enough to ripen both Malvasia and Verdelho. Then the cool evening breeze arrives and drops the temperature, thus cooling the vines and retaining vibrancy in the fruit.
- Vinification/Oak Usage: The Malvasia Bianca grapes were whole-cluster pressed and cold settled, then the clean juice was racked and fermented at cold temperatures. Finished dry in stainless steel tank and then aged in stainless steel, with lees sitrring every two weeks for four months.
- Tasting Notes: Delicate aromas of a melon patch on a warm, sunny day intertwined with night-blooming jasmine; layers of citrus, pear, Mirabelle plum and yellow quince flavors; and a refreshing, clean finish, thanks to its vibrant acidity. This wine is delicately floral with layers of fruit and a backbone of minerality.