Orixe Sotelo Wines 2021 Nebola White Blend, Monterey Co., CA
Sale Sold out
Regular price $30.00
Regular priceUnit price per
- Winemaker: Gustavo & Jackie Sotelo
- Farming: Sustainable
- Variety: 85% Arinto, Albariño
- Terroir: Pierce Family Ranch
- Vinification: The grapes were whole cluster pressed slowly and gently to have the most pristine juice as possible for fermentation. After 48 hours of cold settling the juice was racked off gross lees into a small stainless-steel tank where it underwent a long and cold fermentation. After just 4 months of aging the wine was filtered (blocked malolactic fermentation) and bottled early to capture as much as possible the natural carbonation that the wine produced during fermentation.
- Tasting Note: The 2021 vintage is charged with aromas of green pear and citrus flower, interlaced with a refreshingly salty undertone of oyster shell. On the palate the wine brings everything one could expect from a classic Txakoli wine; mineral driven and slightly spritzy but with the bonus of juicy green apple and prickly pear that comes from the added sunlight that our grapes get in California.