Paltrinieri 2019 'Leclisse' Lambrusco di Sorbara Brut, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Located in the northern central region of Italy, Emilia-Romagna is home to some of Italy’s most beloved exports: ravioli, Parmigiana Reggiano, Balsamic vinegar, Ferrari…. So it’s no surprise it also produces one of Italy’s most beloved and food-friendly wines: Lambrusco!
- Winemaker: Alberto Paltrinieri
- Variety: Lambrusco di Sorbara (100%)
- Farming: Sustainable
- Terroir: located in the area called "Cristo" di Sorbara, 15 hectares. Sorbara is a narrow stripe of land between the two rivers flowing through the Modena area: Secchia and Panaro. This is the reason why Sorbara has the most suitable kind of soil for the production of this grape variety. Loose, fresh and silty soils define the vineyards.
- Vinification: Free-run juice vinificated in white, alcoholic fermentation and refermentation (during at least 3 months) using the Charmat method.
- Tasting Notes: Light and persistent, this wine is bright with aromas of wild strawberries, fresh raspberry, hints of tarragon and a long, juicy finish. Pairs perfectly with prosciutto, salty cheeses or grilled antipasti.