Riedel Vinum Six Pack of Crystal Glasses - 260 Year Celebration Gift Set
Riedel Vinum 260 Year Celebration Six Pack of Crystal Glasses
Riedel Decanters are for in-store and local SF delivery only.
These items *Do Not Ship*
**While Riedel does specify which varietal wines go with which glasses, here at DECANTsf, we believe that this Zinfandel/Riesling Glass is a perfect AP, or 'All Purpose', glass to be used casually at home with any great glass of wine. We also *love* these glasses for Champagne!**
Gift pack includes SIX Crystal Glasses of the "Riesling/Zinfandel" Style.
Vinum is RIEDEL's basic grape varietal specific series. It was created by 10th generation glassmaker Georg J. Riedel to ensure every wine lover could afford greater wine enjoyment.
The series was designed on Sommeliers, the 1973 collection by Claus J. Riedel, the ninth generation of the family-run company. The Sommeliers range was the first wine-friendly and unadorned wine glass collection, with glass bowl shapes based on a wine's character.
In 1986, his son Georg presented a further innovation that fundamentally altered wine glass culture: varietal specific glassware, produced by machine to reduce their cost significantly.
Developed with great passion and based on Georg's well-founded specialist knowledge, Vinum has become RIEDEL's best-selling glassware series. The series is produced by machine in lead-free crystal glass and sold in sets of two. All RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe.
The Riesling Grand Cru/Zinfandel glass is perfect for balancing the high acidity and residual sugar of fruit-forward white and red wines. This shape is the most versatile white wine glass in the RIEDEL range, however it also works perfectly well for a few red wines, like Zinfandel. It helps to balance the fresh characters and high mineral components, emphasising the wonderful fruit aromas.
- Set of 6 Riesling/Zinfandel Wine Glasses
- Fine Crystal
- Capacity: 14-1/8 oz
- Height: 8-1/4 in
- Type: Universal Wine Glasses
Riedel Glassware Care:
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)