Turley 2020 'Juvenile' Zinfandel, California, USA
- Farming: Organic
- Winemaker: Tegan Passalacqua
- Grape Varieties: 100% Zinfandel
- Soil Type: Juvenile is composed of a variety of younger vines (6-25 years old) planted among old vine Zinfandel in a few of their best vineyards across California including: Hayne, Pesenti, Salvador, Vineyard 101, Fredricks and Kirschenmann.
- Vinification: Native yeast fermentation.
- Aging: 80% used oak, 20% new; 80% French, 20% American (the only new barrels are French).
After founding the Frog's Leap winery with business partner John Williams in 1981, then ER physician Larry Turley had taken a shining to the wines made from Zinfandel & Petite Syrah, growing particularly fond of those made from old vine vineyards. Eventually, he sold his half of Frog’s Leap to John and started Turley Wine Cellars in 1993. Primarily focused on single-vineyard designate Zinfandel and Petite Syrah and working with old vine vineyards, Larry aimed to both create and preserve California’s unique winemaking culture.
Today, all of Turley's vineyards are either Certified Organic by California Certified Organic Farmers or in the process of certification, and they use all natural yeasts during fermentation. Tegan Passalacqua was hired as Head Winemaker and Vineyard Manager in 2013 and now manages over two dozen vineyards throughout California.
We Also Recommend
Mas Que Vinos 2021 'Los Conejos Malditos' Rosado, Tierra de Castilla, Spain