Tyler 2021 Pinot Noir, Sta. Rita Hills, Santa Barbara Co., California, USA
Tyler 2021 Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara County, California, USA
Founded by Justin Willet, Tyler Winery focuses on creating complex, nuanced wines from Santa Barbara, the Santa Rita Hills and Santa Maria Valley in the Central Coast. The cool climate, mix of elevations and geologically diverse soils here lend incredible terroirs for Justin and his team to work with. Cara and Simi recently blind-tasted the 2018 Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir, and were blown away by the depth and complexity of this wine, but were comforted by its ease and drinkability. The wine comes from 3 different vineyard sites all planted between 1973 and 1999. Justin uses a combination of whole cluster and de-stemmed fruit to create a wine that has something for everyone.
Juicy black cherries, hints of cola and vanilla, bright pomegranate acidity and an earthy finish of licorice tinted with crushed stone, this wine is ready to drink as soon as the cork is popped! Pair it with a marathon of Parks & Rec and roasted poultry and meats.
Winemaker: Justin Willet
Variety: Pinot Noir
Terroir: First vintage 100% from the Sta. Rita Hills AVA
• Sourced from Drum Canyon Vineyard & selections from the Tyler Vineyard-Designate program in the Sta. Rita Hills AVA
• Vineyards planted in 1973, 1997, and 2003
• Clay & sandy loam soils
• 100% Native Yeast Fermentation in open-top wood vats
• Gentle combination of punch-downs and pump-overs
• Aged 8-9 months in 228L barrique French oak (10% new)
• Bottled unfined and unfiltered
• 1,800 cases produced