Vignobles Pueyo 2017 'Hellébore' Sémillon in Amphora, Bordeaux, France
Sale Sold out
Regular price $80.00
Regular priceUnit price per
- Winemaker: Christophe Pueyo
- Farming: Organic (certified)
- Variety: 100% Semillion, whole-berry maceration
- Terroir: 6 hectares of vineyards, divided between two sites: one outside of St.-Émilion in Juillac/Sainte Radegonde and the other in Lugon near Fronsac. Planted in a mixture of clay, gravel, and limestone.
- Vinification: Hand harvested and destemmed. Whole berries macerate and spontaneously ferment in clay amphorae for 11 months.
- Aging: Grapes are pressed and aged for an additional 7-8 months in clay amphora. Unfined, unfiltered. Extremely limited sulfuring, applied only at bottling (c. 30 mg/l total, c. 25 mg/l free).
- Tasting Notes: Multilayered and rich, with exotic honey, dried peach, and beeswax.