Weingut Dautel 2019 Rose, Württemberg, Germany
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Weingut Dautel 2019 Rosé, Wurttemberg, Germany
Though Württemberg is not yet well known in the states, the Dautel family is a leading producer with a grape growing history going back 500 years.
- Winemaker: Christian Dautel
- Farming: Organic
- Varieties: Pinot Noir (Spätburgunder) & Lemberger (Blaufränkisch) from the young vines of several sites around the village of Michaelsberg
- Vinification: The wine is made from whole cluster pressing in a cool, controlled fermentation in stainless steel. The wine is left on the fine lees for 5 months prior to bottling
- Terroir: The region itself is marked by ancient, very steep terraced vineyards, among the most beautiful and forbidding you’ll see in Germany, including the Mosel-terrasen. These steep vineyards hug the Neckar and Ahr rivers while the rest of the region, similar to Austria’s Weinvertel region, consists of a rolling landscape with isolated steeper hillsides. Soils range from calcareous marl, Gipskeuper (deeper clay with a high gypsum content, which is common in Franken), a rare soil called Schilfsandstein (reed sandstone) which is a hard yellow-ish sandstone.
- Tasting Notes: Fresh and aromatic, this crisp rose is light enough to quench your thirst, but rich enough to pair with an array of foods, from fish to fried chicken. Great for all seasons!
We Also Recommend
Mas Que Vinos "Los Conejos Malditos" 2018 Tempranillo Carbonico, Tierra de Castilla, Spain
Regular price $1500 $15.00
Las Jaras Wines 2019 Glou Glou Red, Mendocino Co, California, USA
Regular price $3400 $34.00